DS01 Dragonscales FRPG - Core Rules
James M. Ward and Stephen A. Lee present a new Fantasy RPG
In the far away astral dimensions there exists a fantasy world filled with many types of dragons and heroes fighting the aggressive dragons. Every day wars rage in the sunlight as heroes via for control. Every night dragons take to the skies and hunt for meals and even the boldest of heroes hide from the dragons teeth, fangs, and claws.
Dragonscales is a fantasy campaign realm filled with the normal wizards, vampires, dark creatures, and deadly encounters. In this realm dragons rule the night skies and terrify the populaces of every land. Only the heroes (player characters) are bold enough to face these dragons; fight them; and tack their magical scales to use in further quests.
Dragonscales FRPG is a ward card system, WCS, based game set in the Chromatic Kingdoms and the core book contains six new character types, a new spell system, new spells, Deities of the Chromatic Kingdoms, Magical and Mythical Encounters, Equipment, Powers, and WCS combat system. Everything you need to run a game or a campaign is included in the core book. Adventure begins in the City of Concord which sits astride the great rift canyon.
Beyond the City of Concord, the land is filled with abandoned castles, ruins, small villages, mines, dragon warrens, enclaves of dwarf's, a few tribes of elves and scattered small human kingdoms. The dragon wars have brought all to the brink of destruction thus the neutral grounds that are the City of Concord where factions can meet and discuss accords and perhaps peace in a relatively safe place.
The core book details six Character Types you can play:
- Fang Warriors make magical weapons from their Dragonscales. They are talented blacksmiths and can make special weapons.
- Dragon Eye Mages make spells out of their Dragonscales. They can cast a number of spells and make potions of all sorts.
- Forest Caretakers use DragonScales to summon creatures of the forest. They always have a group of tamed wild creatures.
- Templar Warriors use DragonScales to make holy weapons and cast holy effects to fight undead and the most evil of dragons.
- Fortune-Hunters have vast skills in opening locked things, in climbing into difficult areas, and in sensing trouble in warrens and caves.
- Crusaders use DragonScales and the gifts of the gods to create special artifacts that are unusually effective in combat.
Each character type has 10 ranks. At each new rank achieved the character gains a new power or ability. Rank is achieved by completing a number of quest for the new rank.