The first Anthology of short stories based in and around Concord will be released in a few weeks. The Final editing of the core rule book for the RPG is underway and should release in 2 or 3 weeks. Stay Tuned. November 2018
Dragonscales is a new Fantasy RPG by James M. Ward and Stephen A. Lee. This game is written! August-2018
The crowd funding campaign was a success and we have even produced several adventures for the game as well. Everything is going out to our wonderful artist and graphic design people this month with a goal to have printed editions out to the backers and in the store by November. The Pre-Order page will be up within the week for both the book and all the new adventures.
James M. Ward and Stephen A. Lee present a new Fantasy RPG. Dragonscales FRPG is a ward card system, WCS, based game set in the Chromatic Kingdoms and the core book contains six new character types, a new spell system, new spells, Deities of the Chromatic Kingdoms, Magical and Mythical Encounters, Equipment, Powers, and WCS combat system. Everything you need to run a game or a campaign is included in the core book. Adventure begins in the City of Concord which sits astride the great rift canyon.
Beyond the City of Concord, the land is filled with abandoned castles, ruins, small villages, mines, dragon warrens, enclaves of dwarf's, a few tribes of elves and scattered small human kingdoms. The dragon wars have brought all to the brink of destruction thus the neutral grounds that are the City of Concord where factions can meet and discuss accords and perhaps peace in a relatively safe place.
The core book details six Character Types you can play:
- Fang Warrior make magical weapons from their Dragonscales. They are talented blacksmiths and can make special weapons.
- Dragon Eye Mage make spells out of their Dragonscales. They can cast a number of spells and make potions of all sorts.
- Forest Caretakers use DragonScales to summon creatures of the forest. They always have a group of tamed wild creatures.
- Templar Warriors use DragonScales to make holy weapons and cast holy effects to fight undead and the most evil of dragons.
- Fortune-Hunters have vast skills in opening locked things, in climbing into difficult areas, and in sensing trouble in warrens and caves.
- Speakers of the Air use DragonScales and the gifts of the gods to create special artifacts that are unusually effective in combat.
Each character type has 10 ranks. At each new rank achieved the character gains a new power or ability. Rank is achieved by completing a number of quest for the new rank.
#RPG-NET Q&A with Stephen A Lee and James M Ward discussing Dragonscales. https://gmshoe.wordpress.com/2018/06/14/qa-james-m-ward-stephen-lee-dragonscales/